The Friday Shirk Report – August 28, 2009 | Volume 20
Welcome to the Friday Shirk Report where you will find 20 images, 10 articles and 5 videos from the previous week of sifting. Enjoy!
– “Hey I’m not even mad, that’s amazing” – Ron Burgundy
– When you read the Gubernator’s Tweets do you read it in his voice?
– I would pay money to see this
– MC Escher’s Drawing Hands Gets a New Millennium Update
– As more people join Facebook the chance of failure continues to rise
– Similar, but in no way comparable
– When the Sun hits this car accidents happen
– Note to self: Go to Tahiti. Second note to self: learn to surf first.
– They’re high in potassium didn’t you know?
– Feline Superman can leap tall doors
– Canine Handi-Man can leap into walls
– Hi-res shot of a perfectly made classic; simple but effective. Be sure to zoom in
– Her name is Candy Snacks
– Shareef Abdur-Rahim of the Vancouver Grizzliers boxing out his man
– Morning Glory Clouds Rolling Over Austrailia
– I didn’t notice either to be honest, quite subtle
– A literal sign
– We did warn you.
– A CLLCTN of VNTY LCNSE PL8TS
– The New York Times does a brief history of photo fakery
– The ultimate resource page for Banksy’s exhibit in Bristol complete with high-quality image slide show
– Witness history as Phillies’ Eric Bruntlett pulls off the first game-ending unassisted triple play in National league history
– Fascinating collection of McDonald’s food items around the world
– Another reason Google is full of win
– Did you know Hippos are faster than Usain Bolt?
– Rare photographs of extinct species
– 145,000 followers in less than a month = Internet fame = Sh!t my dad says
– The Big Picture Beautifully Captures Various Flying Machines Around the World
– Prediction: This site will explode in traffic very soon: WWW.PEOPLEOFWALMART.COM
If you only watch one trick make it the one at the 0:55 second mark (thanks for the link LBSpounds!)
The End of Summer is Nigh, Take Advantage!