The Friday Shirk Report – August 28, 2009 | Volume 20
Welcome to the Friday Shirk Report where you will find 20 images, 10 articles and 5 videos from the previous week of sifting. Enjoy!
- “Hey I’m not even mad, that’s amazing” – Ron Burgundy
- When you read the Gubernator’s Tweets do you read it in his voice?
- I would pay money to see this
- MC Escher’s Drawing Hands Gets a New Millennium Update
- As more people join Facebook the chance of failure continues to rise
- Similar, but in no way comparable
- When the Sun hits this car accidents happen
- Note to self: Go to Tahiti. Second note to self: learn to surf first.
- They’re high in potassium didn’t you know?
- Feline Superman can leap tall doors
- Canine Handi-Man can leap into walls
- Hi-res shot of a perfectly made classic; simple but effective. Be sure to zoom in
- Her name is Candy Snacks
- Shareef Abdur-Rahim of the Vancouver Grizzliers boxing out his man
- Morning Glory Clouds Rolling Over Austrailia
- I didn’t notice either to be honest, quite subtle
- A literal sign
- We did warn you.
- A CLLCTN of VNTY LCNSE PL8TS
- The New York Times does a brief history of photo fakery
- The ultimate resource page for Banksy’s exhibit in Bristol complete with high-quality image slide show
- Witness history as Phillies’ Eric Bruntlett pulls off the first game-ending unassisted triple play in National league history
- Fascinating collection of McDonald’s food items around the world
- Another reason Google is full of win
- Did you know Hippos are faster than Usain Bolt?
- Rare photographs of extinct species
- 145,000 followers in less than a month = Internet fame = Sh!t my dad says
- The Big Picture Beautifully Captures Various Flying Machines Around the World
- Prediction: This site will explode in traffic very soon: WWW.PEOPLEOFWALMART.COM
If you only watch one trick make it the one at the 0:55 second mark (thanks for the link LBSpounds!)
The End of Summer is Nigh, Take Advantage!