Want to See a Lamborghini in a Living Room?
When you have a car like a Special Edition Lamborghini Countach, people are going to want to see it. If you happen to be entertaining guests in your living room, relocating to your garage can be a chore! The solution? Bring the car into your living room with a fancy hydraulic lift from your underground garage [obviously]. Such was the request of this homeowner in Tokyo. Thankfully, architect Takuya Tsuchida, of the number fives architectural design office, was up for the challenge.
- Limited to a construction area of 2,108 square feet (196 square meters)
– Must have garage that can accommodate owner’s 9 cars
– Ability to display individual cars in living room
– Open concept with high ceilings and room for a very tall tree
WHO, WHERE and WHEN?
- The client is a businessman in his mid-40s who runs a clothing and restaurant business
– The property is located in the posh Shirokane neighbourhood of Tokyo, Japan
– The design took 11 months from March 2006 to January 2007
– Construction took place from February 2007 to January 2008
- Site area: 2,108 square feet (196 square meters)
– Construction area: 1,249 square feet (116 square meters)
– Total Floor Area: 3,560 square feet (331 square meters)
If you enjoyed this article, the Sifter highly recommends: RIDICULOUS OPEN CONCEPT LUXURY LOFT IN SOHO