Beautiful Miniature Paper Art Scenes [30 pics]
With a quirky canvas and steady hand, Anastassia Elias creates fantastic scenes inside empty toilet paper rolls. With the right lighting these scenes burst to life; silhouettes in a land of cardboard. Below you will find ten incredible examples of Anastassia’s work. Check out their site for more fantastic work from this wonderful artist.
– Anastassia Elias is a 33 year-old artist from Paris, France
– Elias is a full-time artist and illustrator and his preferred medium is paper collages and paintings
– Anastassia has illustrated two children’s books and exhibited at numerous galleries and shows
Q: What was your inspiration for reusing toilet paper rolls for art?
A: I have fun to find what can I do with recuperated materials. And one day I looked at an empty roll and wondered if I can do something with it. And later, with no reason, I had an idea.
Q: How long does it take to make each toilet paper sculpture?
A: I need few hours to make one piece, 2-3 hours on average.
Q: What is special about using a mundane part of every day life to create something beautiful?
A: Every day we take the same road to go working, we make the same gestures to prepare a morning coffee. All these small events of everyday go unnoticed. But it is they who make a life. So I wanted to put these neglected events on a pedestal and to show that everyday life is not boring.
WHERE TO FIND ANASTASSIA
– Personal Website: http://www.anastassia-elias.com
– On Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadouyama
– On Behance: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Paper-cuts-Rolls/241623
– On Society6: http://www.society6.com/anastel/memberships
If you enjoyed this article, the Sifter highly recommends: THE MOST INCREDIBLE MINIATURE PENCIL ART [20 PICS]