20 Breaking Bad Locations in Real Life
Albuquerque, New Mexico resident and Breaking Bad fan Nancy Bymers (WallDruggie on Flickr), has undertaken an incredible mission to source out the real life locations of scenes from the television series Breaking Bad. If you’re a fan of the show you will undoubtedly recognize all of the locations in the gallery below.
On her Breaking Bad Location Project, Nancy remarks:
“My Breaking Bad scene location project began March 21, 2010 (Season 3 Premiere Day). I realized that I knew where several locations were just because I go around ABQ quite a bit, but when I wanted to photograph every possible location that I could identify, it became a purpose. I used the episodes, the DVD commentary, the FB and AMC website discussion boards info, a Google map published in the ABQ Journal and I asked a couple of local ABQ actors for help. That was fun because I had lunch with Jesus, Jr (Gonzo and No-Doze) and ice cream with the “Peekaboo” twins. I resumed the project to include Season 3 locations upon my return to ABQ in late December 2010 and again in December 2011 to pick up Season 4 photos.”
Nancy, from one Breaking Bad superfan to another, the Sifter thanks you for your amazing work! For those interested, there’s a fantastic Q&A on Reddit with a location scout from Breaking Bad named Alex, and he really gives you an idea of what it’s like behind-the-scenes and the process in finding locations like the ones you see below.
While I’ve hand picked a few of Nancy’s photos to share here, be sure to head over to her Flickr album where she has amassed an incredible gallery of 142 pictures of Breaking Bad Locations:
Breaking Bad Locations (142 Pictures): http://www.flickr.com/photos/24869473@N02/sets/72157623732482564/
*If you haven’t seen the show (up to the end of Season 4) there may be some locations shown that will spoil special moments for you. Scroll at your own risk!
1. The White Residence
2. Rio Rancho High School Administration Entrance
3. Walter and Skyler’s Car Wash
4. Jesse Pinkman’s House
5. Tuco’s Headquarters
6. Hank and Marie’s Residence
7. Jesse and Jane’s Rental Apartments
8. The Offices of Saul Goodman
9. Los Pollos Hermanos
10. Painted Permanently on the Wall inside Twisters
11. Walter’s Short-Term Residence at ‘The Beachcomber’
12. Gustavo Fring’s Laundry Business
13. Walter White’s Second Short-Term Residence
14. Cartel vs Hank Parking Lot Shootout
15. Gustavo Fring’s Residence
16. Lazer Tag Building (Potential Lab Site)
17. Four Corners Monument Where Skyler Flips a Coin
18. Parking Garage Where Gus’s Bomb-Rigged Volvo is Parked
19. Casa Tranquila… DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!
20. Parking Garage Roof Where Jesse and Walt Part (end of Season 4)
If you enjoyed this post, the Sifter highly recommends: