York Minster Cathedral’s Floor Covered in Grass
At a recent event to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and raise money for the York Minster Fund, 900 guests were invited to the famous York Minster Cathedral for dinner and entertainment. The event’s hook was the installation of 1,500 square meters (16,000 sq ft) of real grass in the Cathedrals interior (knave).
The remarkable feat was pulled off by Wow! Grass!, a company that installs real grass at evens and locations you would never expect. Now I’m sure you’re wondering, is it really grass? How does it work?
– It is real grass that is grown completely free of soil
– The grass is grown in felt, made from 100% recycled textiles
– Still requires water, light and nutrients and can be mowed
– Can go on variety of surface (walls, ceilings, stairs, etc.)
– After event is complete, can be rolled up and transported away
If you enjoyed this post, the Sifter highly recommends: