Historic Photos of Detroit and their Modern Day Equivalent
“Detroit: Evolution of a City” is an incredible, interactive look at the growth, decline, and revival of the city of Detroit through historic and present-day pictures.
The ambitious photo project was created by DetroitUrbex.com who went to great lengths to not only find the present-day locations of the historic images but also photograph from the same distance and vantage point as the originals.
On the actual project page you can play with an interactive slider as well as learn more about the historic and current situation of places shown in the photos. The stories behind each are what makes this project so rich and comprehensive. Be sure to check it out here.
1. Lafayette and Griswold Streets, 1902 and 2013
2. Brush Park, 1881 and 2013
3. Woodward Avenue and Gratiot, 1949 and 2013
4. Jefferson Avenue East, 1890s and 2013
5. Jefferson Avenue and Conner, 1949 and 2010
6. Hudson Motors Administration Building
7. Chalmers Motor Company
8. Packard Assembly Line, 1941 and 2013
9. Packard Plant South, 1911 and 2013
10. Sanctuary, St. Agnes Catholic Church, 1927 and 2013