Aug 25, 2015
The Solitary Trees of Northern California in Infrared
San Francisco-based photographer Nathan Wirth recently shared a portfolio of infrared photographs on Behance in a project entitled, Infrared Silence – Three. The entire series (see here) is beautiful but I found myself particularly drawn to the solitary trees found scattered across the rolling landscape.
The project is a study of the beautiful landscapes of Marin and Sonoma counties in Northern California. All images were taken with an infrared converted Sony Alpha 100 camera and processed with Photoshop CS6 and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
For more photography from Wirth, check him out at the profiles below.
1. Oak II – Novato, California, USA – 2015
2. White Tree XII – The Hills of Sonoma County, California, USA – 2013
3. Hamilton II – The Hills of Marin County, California, USA – 2014
4. Tree & Hill V – The Hills of Marin County, California, USA – 2013
5. Hamilton I – The Hills of Marin County, California, USA – 2014
6. Tree & Hill – The Hills of Marin County, California, USA – 2015
Categories: NATURE/SPACE, TRAVEL
Tags: · black and white, infrared, photo series, top, trees