The Only Lamborghini Aventador J In Existence
Unveiled at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show in March, Automobili Lamborghini presented their most uncompromising open super sports car of its entire history, the Aventador J. The 515 kW / 700 hp two-seater is a first class technology showcase, combining innovative solutions and brand new materials and demonstrating Lamborghini’s expertise in carbon fiber technology.
Oh and there is only one of them. The one you see right here is the only Aventador J that will ever be produced. No prototypes, no additional model for the Lamborghini Museum, just a one of a kind piece of art for one lucky buyer (who ultimately paid $2.8 million for it)
The Lamborghini Aventador J is a radically open automobile. The designers and engineers in Sant’Agata Bolognese have not only dispensed entirely with the roof, but also with the front windshield. This requires that drivers of the Aventador J must have the right equipment for driving at top speeds higher than 300 Km/h (i.e., a helmet and badass racing jacket). The Lamborghini Aventador J is fully functional for road use.
Below you will find additional details on this car along with a gallery of photographs from the unveiling at the Geneva Motor Show. The first, and for many, the last time this car will ever be seen.
The Lamborghini Aventador J
- The technical basis for the Aventador J is the Aventador LP 700-4, Lamborghini’s new twelve-cylinder model
- Unlike traditional seats, the Aventador J seats are made of Forged COMPOSITE, with inserts of flexible carbon fiber fabrics
- The overall length is 4890 mm, the overall width (excluding mirrors) is 2030 mm while the height is 1110 mm
- 20-inch rims at the front and 21-inch at the rear. The five-spoke aluminum wheels have a central lock system and an additional carbon fiber insert that functions like a small fan for optimum brake ventilation
- Both bumpers have been supplemented with carbon fiber fins that act as flow deviators. Their purpose is to achieve a significant increase in the vehicle’s downforce at both the front and the rear
- The Aventador J is equipped neither with a navigation nor car audio system, nor does it have the associated screen or air conditioning controls – these would simply detract from its one and only raison d’être as an extreme driving experience
If you enjoyed this post, the Sifter highly recommends: