The Shirk Report – Volume 228
Welcome to the Shirk Report where you will find the 25 funniest images, 10 most interesting articles, and 5 most viral videos from the previous week of sifting. Most images found on Reddit; articles typically originate from Twitter, RSS and email; videos come from a variety of sources. Any suggestions? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org!
*for email subscribers: If you visit the direct link to the shirk report in your web browser (by clicking the blue, underlined title), the videos will play properly and images will appear immediately under the text rather than opening in a new window!
– Might as well come out swinging this week
– It was the smart thing to do
– The desktop background for this gym’s computer is amazing | Full view
– So I gotta ask: Dost thou?
– Nailed it
– Carl Pilkington on AWESOM-O
– Parkour: Slug Edition
– Nerd rebellion
– German fisherman catches world-record 515-pound Atlantic Halibut
– This looks pretty fun
– Well that was easy
– Angel Falls
– Such a good feeling
– Oh look a bird
– No | Noooooooooooo
– How descriptive
– From humble beginnings
– KTFO in super slow mo
– Mega Meat
– That’s a lot of Mountain Dew
– Living statues are stepping up their game
– Man attempts to thwart traffic (he survived)
– Haven’t posted a good photobomb in a while
– Until next week
– [Quora] What’s something that is common knowledge at your work place, but will be mind blowing to the rest of us?
– The Science Behind Honey’s Eternal Shelf Life
– The Surprising Complexity of Lobster Prices (thx for sharing T. Mackay!)
– Diamonds Are Bullsh*t (thx for sharing Tennyson!)
– This Group of Men Have Played Game of Tag for 23 Years
– Girls escape forced marriage by concealing spoons in clothing to set off metal detectors at the airport
– Why You Can See the Moon During Daylight Hours
– Cinema’s Greatest Effects Shots Picked By Hollywood’s Top VFX Specialists
– Malcolm Gladwell Responds to Epstein on the 10,000 Hour Rule (fyi Epstein’s article appeared in last week’s shirk)
– The God of ‘SNL’ Will See You Now
Stick Your Neck Out and
Try Something New This Weekend!