The Top 30 Whitewater Kayaking Photos by Red Bull
Red Bull, the wing-giving purveyors of all things extreme, has graciously granted the Sifter total access to their incredible library of photographs and videos. Following up from the popular feature on the Cliff Diving World Series earlier this year, we explore the adrenaline-pumping sport of whitewater kayaking.
The Sifter went through Red Bull’s collection of about 500 whitewater kayaking photographs last night and is proud to present our Top 30 Whitewwater Kayaking Photos by Red Bull. Please note that these are in no particular order. Hats off to the incredible athletes and photographers for granting us such an incredible glimpse into this beautiful sport. Enjoy!
1. Rafael Ortiz at Big Banana Waterfall 2010
Rafael Ortiz in action at the Big Banana Waterfall in Tlapacoyan, Mexico on October 23rd 2010
2. Rafael Ortiz in San Luis Potosi and Chiapas – 2009
3. Steve Fisher in Zambia
4. Luke Spencer Whitewater Kayaking in the United States
This photograph by Jed Weingarten was a top 50 finalist in Red Bull Illume 2010 – Dublin. The category was ‘Energy Athlete: Luke Spencer’. The photograph was taken in the United States.
5. Steve Fisher in Godafoss (Waterfall of the Gods), Iceland
6. Tao Berman in Oregon – 2011
Tao Berman in action at Frustration Falls, Oregon, USA, on 5 July 2011.
7. Steve Fisher – Kayak Trip Through Africa
8. Steve Fisher – Red Bull Recon at the Mistassini River in Quebec
9. Steve Fisher in Iceland
Steve fisher descends a 70 foot drop at Aldeyjarfoss in Iceland in 2007.
10. Rafael Ortiz in Chiapa de Corzo – 2010
11. Steve Fisher – Red Bull Northern Exposure 2011 – Ironwood
12. Steve Fisher in Zambia – Kayak Trip Through Africa
13. Steve Fisher – Red Bull Northern Exposure 2011 – Ironwood
14. Steve Fisher at Thjofafoss (Waterfall of the thieves) in Iceland
15. Rafael Ortiz at Big Banana Waterfall 2010
Rafael Ortiz in action at the Big Banana Waterfall in Tlapacoyan, Mexico on October 25th 2010.
16. Steve Fisher in Zambezi High Water, Zambia
17. Steve FIsher in Zambia
18. Steve Fisher – Red Bull Northern Exposure 2011 – Ironwood
19. Tao Berman on The Hood River – 2010
20. Steve Fisher in Canada
21. Rafael Ortiz on Alseseca River in Veracruz – 2009
22. Rafael Ortiz in Mexico
23. Steve Fisher in Zambia
24. Steve Fisher in Zambia
25. Steve Fisher Riding the Mistassini
26. Rafael Ortiz in Chiapa de Corzo – 2010
27. Steve Fisher – Red Bull Recon in Quebec
28. Rafael Ortiz in Chiapa de Corzo – 2010
29. Tao Berman – Red Bull Stunt Junkies 2006
30. Steve Fisher in Pucon – 2009
If you enjoyed this post, the Sifter highly recommends: