The Friday Shirk Report – February 11, 2011 | Volume 96
Welcome to the Friday Shirk Report where you will find 20 images, 10 articles and 5 videos from the previous week of sifting. Enjoy!
*For those that prefer the links open in a new tab/window, try holding the CTRL key whilst clicking a link with your mouse
– Thermal imaging a fart is why science is awesome
– Just ordered these for Valentine’s Day
– 111 Gigapixel image of Sevilla Spain, no big deal
– F*cking BRILLIANT use of mirrors in the movie Spaceballs
– Photoshop at work
– Take that Beijing!
– What would a Shirk Report be without a word from our favourite dinosaur
– Beware of BOLD, RED UPPERCASE FONTS in movie posters
– Suddenly. A cat
– Hot new tablet-friendly jacket. the iVirgin
– Composite image of the average woman’s face around the world. In other news, women are much better looking than men
– Wolverine = 2 Batmans
– Damn you Mayor Bing. Damn you
– For those that suck at tying the tops of bags
– Something to send your significant other on Valentine’s Day. Awwwwww
– Dear NASA,
– If you can afford a Lexus you can probably afford delivery…
– Some startling facts about water. Freshwater in particular
– This Popsicle stick is brutally honest
– Calvin & Hobbes Bento Box FTW!
– 10 Words For Things You Didn’t Know Have Names
– This is what we call an EPIC Animated Gif Photoshop thread. Enjoy
– Fun little time waster. Just move your mouse around. It will all make sense
– Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson Writes the Funniest Apology Letter to Mexico in the History of Ever
– A year of Volcanic Activity in Pictures
– Photojournal tour of Chernobyl as it exists today
– 20 Things You Didn’t Know About Leonardo Da Vinci
– Winter Surfing in the UK
– What big US Cities looked like 100 years ago
– Every single ad from the Superbowl in one place
The frequency of the bass strings and high shutter speed of the camera leads to this incredible string-wobble footage.
Thx for sharing Laura S-B!
HAVE A ‘LOVE’LY WEEKEND
To receive these posts by email, click the envelope!