Holding Pieces of the Moon and Mars on Earth
For those curious, Sarah also took time to answer some of the most common questions:
– The black one is the Martian one, the gray one is the moon
– The martian one landed on Earth after something smacked into Mars and sent rocks flying through space and all the way to Earth!
– They were able to tell it was from Mars by the rock’s chemical composition and isotopes
– You can read more about the Martian meteorite here
– The two rocks now have their own Twitter account