April 25, 2024 at 6:32 am

A Family Ended Up In The Emergency Room Because Of Their Daughter’s Easy Bake Oven

by Matthew Gilligan

Source: TikTok/@steph_murphy,Wikimedia Commons

This is a new one…

A mom named Stephanie posted a video on TikTok and warned viewers about the dangers of…wait for it…Easy Bake Ovens.

Stephanie and her daughter Nora used the girl’s Easy Bake Oven for the first time and the little girl noticed that something smelled strange.

Source: TikTok/@steph_murphy

The two continued to bake despite the odd odor, but things were about to take a turn for the worse.

About 45 minutes later, Nora said she had chest pains and was having trouble breathing, so Stephanie took her to an emergency room.

Source: TikTok/@steph_murphy

Nora and Stephanie’s husband needed oxygen support to help them breathe.

“They hooked us all up to IVs. They had chest X-rays done on all of us, EKGs, labs, blood work, tests that you have to use your spit.”

Her family believes the fumes from the Easy Bake Oven were to blame.

Source: TikTok/@steph_murphy

Check out what she had to say.


My husband, 8 year old daughter and myself all got admitted to the ER on saturday because of an Easy Bake Oven. Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, chills, and nauseau. Nothing on Google showed anything similar, so was this a one off or have there been others? It was scary that we all got affected so quickly.

♬ original sound – Stephanie 💙

Here’s how people responded on TikTok.

One viewer thinks she needs to get a lawyer.

Source: TikTok/@steph_murphy

This person offered their thoughts.

Source: TikTok/@steph_murphy

And this person offered some additional advice.

Source: TikTok/@steph_murphy

I guess people need to be aware of Easy Bake Ovens.

The more you know…

If you thought that was an interesting story, check out what happened when a family gave their in-laws a free place to stay in exchange for babysitting, but things changed when they don’t hold up their end of the bargain.